There are different kinds of psychic abilities. Some people are able to divine the future. Others receive messages from the spirit world. A few may be able to read the thoughts of others, or see "auras" that tell them how the person is feeling.
• Precognition is the ability to know the future. For some people, it's very definite messages, like "You're going to go to a café and meet a dark-haired man." For others, it may be more vague, such as, "Someone close to you is about to experience a major change."
• Intuition, or intuitiveness, is the ability to just “know” things without being told. Many intuitives make excellent Tarot card readers, as this skill gives them an advantage when reading cards for a client. This is sometimes referred to as clairsentience.
• Clairvoyance is the ability to see things that are hidden. Sometimes used in remote viewing, clairvoyance has occasionally been credited for people finding missing children and locating lost objects.
• Empathy is the ability to sense the feelings and emotions of another person. Someone who is an empath often needs to learn to shield themselves from the energies of others, or they may find themselves feeling drained and exhausted.
• A medium is someone who gets messages from the spirit world. This can take many forms - some mediums can see and hear actual spirits; others receive messages via dreams or visions. Some can even "channel" the spirit, who may then write or speak through the medium.